Good book on navigation

     As previously mentioned, I love my GPS receiver.  I enjoy all kinds of
navigation, including "primitive" instrumentless forms.  An excellent book
on that subject is _Nature is Your Guide_ (subtitle: How to Find Your Way
on Land and Sea) by Harold Gatty (1958).  Penguin Books (1979)
ISBN 0 14 00.5076 0  (Possibly out of print; I think it was republished
under the title, _Finding Your Way on Land and Sea_.  Check author listing
in _Books in Print_.)

It contains numerous ways of orienting oneself by observing subtle natural
clues, and should enhance anyone's enjoyment of the outdoors.

--  Frank    reid@indiana.edu     NSS 9086