Re: Clothes!

Being from Central Texas myself, I totally understand your concern.  My
thru-hike had a lot of trial and error ( with a lot of post office
mailings back home) before I felt comfortable with my selection.
Beginning in April, we had freezing temperatures until the end of May in
Virginia.  Therefore, we carried long johns, wool shirts, and pile
pants/jackets as well as rain gear which acted as wind blocks on gusty
days on the Southern balds. wore our pile hats and gloves constantly,
too.  We also carried two pairs of socks/liners along with a pair of fleece
socks for night.  Finally in May we were able
to start switching over to lightweight summer gear. Hope this was
helpful, but everyone has different comfort zones, so experimenting is
probably the only way to solve this dilemma.