Re: Want to know about GPS stuff!!

You might want to check out the newsgroup comp.infosystems.gis, they
sometimes have info on the different GPS units available.  GIS World
magazine is also a good source of info on GPS units.  I have a number
of GIS WWW sites URL, but they deal mainly with GIS related stuff.
Also, you probably read where the White House has signed a bill last
week that will take off the scrambling that the military currently
applies to the GPS signals;  when this is fully implemented over the
next four years, I suspect GPS packaging and costs will be very
different from what we see now.  (Current nonmilitary GPS units are
able to indicate where you are to about 400 feet due to scrambling;
without the scrambling, you can locate your posistion to about 30 feet.)
                                 Marshall
                                 "Tarkus"