yet again... boots

Well I finnaly purchased a pair of boots today, Salomon Authentic 6's. I
went in not even thinking about these boots because they are all leather,
and I really wanted a lighter fabric/leather boot, but these boots are
pretty light, and felt wonderful. They fit well, and at the same time I
think they will still allow for the expansion my feet will go through on the
trail. But what I am now wondering is wether or not I should by a second
pair of these boots to keep at home as a spare? I was sure that I wanted to
do this with the fabric/leather boots I was looking at but I understand that
all leather boots tend to be more durable and I tend to be pretty easy on
boots anyway. So what does everyone think? If I could get away with it I
would really rather not spend another $145 on a spare pair of boots, but at
the same time I don't want to be stuck waiting in a town for a week waiting
to get a new pair of boots if my first pair falls apart.

E. George Oeser (aka Needles)