common courtesy vs. pecking order

This is for Horus and any other thru hikers that we might meet....
Pat and I are hiking from Palmertown,PA to NY 17 in Mid May and
we will absolutely give our space in the shelter to a thru hiker
if they looked like they needed it!  I don't see that as a pecking
order thing but just thoughtfulness.  Unless it's pouring rain,
in which case we would all move over and MAKE room in the shelter!
When are you starting, Horus?
Having said that, I hope Pat agrees with me......
sharon
ssharpe@wellesley.edu