cameras and other stuff

Thanks, Steve  and everyone for opinions and experiences about cameras.
No walmarts around here (if you can believe that!) but I'll look around.
Also -- about those rain chaps.... I remember seeing them maybe in
campmor catalog but a few years ago when I was preparing for my first
section hike (which ended in soggy disaster, but that's another story...)
At the time I thought they were kinda geeky, but after doing some
hiking, they seem like a good idea, light, good for tall wet weeds,
ez on-off over boots, still geeky, but I'm past worrying about that!
If anybody finds them anywhere, please post!  Pooombah.... you could
fill a niche here :-) making rain chaps!  (motto.... Geeky, yes...
leaky,NO!)

sharon
ssharpe@wellesley.edu