Re: books?

I've always liked Cindy Ross's book, "A Woman's Journey", which was about
her hike in 1979 that she finished the following year.  It is a different
sort of book, in that it is illustrated by her pen and ink drawings, and the
text is printed "handwritten".  I've often thought that it gives a pretty
good idea of what's involved in an AT thru hike, in both physical, mental,
and daily experience terms.  The book is available from the ATC. Cindy's a
really nice lady, and I had the pleasure of meeting her and her husband and
kids at Port Clinton while hiking.
                            Marshall
                            "Tarkus"