Re: Boots

Jeff wrote:
>Speaking of boots...

>Has anyone read the "Footwear" chapter of Ray Jardine's "PCT Handbook"?  He
>outlines his position for advocating the use of running shoes instead of
>hiking boots while backpacking.

Well, I just went back and checked the July/August Appalachian Trailways
News, where they had an article about Grandma Gatewood.  Yes, she did her
through-hikes in sneakers (Keds, to be exact).  At the time, 'experts'  were
recommending ankle-high boots with Vibram soles.  It just goes to show that
you can hike any way you want.

Bob