Re: gear questions

My husband uses those throwaway cameras all the time while backpacking
and he loves them (I have to have MY camera with all the extras). His
pictures often are so good I can't tell which ones I took from his.
Anyway, he has found that any direct or bright light coming into the lens
will make the picture somewhat hazy/gray. He now shades the lens to get
the clearest picture. The work very well. If you are going anywhere with
great 360 views from a summit, or something, you should definitely pick
up a panoramic picture "throwaway" and take pictures all the way around
you and you can piece them together when you get them developed to have a
360 degree picture! BTW, panoramic photos cost nearly $1 a piece or more,
especially if you go to a 1-hour place for your developing.