RE: denatured alcohol?

Alcohol has about half the energy density of gasoline.
Sounds to me as if your Whisperlite could use a little
maintenance.  My XGK gets a carbon build-up on the
cable in the fuel tube.  Cleaning it out every now and
again restores the "cruise missle" effect :-)

I've seen a few alcohol stoves in use...it always seemed
to me that they didn't produce enough heat to be useful
for anything except simmering.  The Quebequois can
work magic with 'em, though.

jim
jloudon@gic.gi.com