Re: vaseline?

On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Christina S. Young wrote:
> i know that
> vaseline+feet= no blisters
>
> but what about
> vaseline+sweaty feet= ?
>
> does the vaseline effect the breathing ability of feet? any problems
> with that?

christeena,
	I've never had problems with feet getting too hot & sweaty with
the vaseline layer, even though I use it summer & winter. Summertime, I
usually take my boots off during a rest break, revaseline any hot spots &
put boots & socks back on just before leaving. I wear leather boots that
have been sno-sealed (I'm of the old school), socks are always a wool or
polypro blend, no cotton. Pat