iodine tablets

Doug wrote:
>You can use a Kodak film canister to carry the
>tablets. They are air tight, no light will enter
>and they are light.

Maybe somebody else knows more, but I heard somewhere that film canisters
have leftover nitrate residues- might this affect the iodine?  I know it
could be dangerous to eat out of, and I don't know what type of cleaning is
needed to get the bad stuff out.  Anybody?

Matt  Holmes
'Strider'
holmess@ufrsd.k12.nj.us
"A penny will hide the biggest star in the sky if you hold it close enough
to your eye."
         ---Samuel Grafton