Re: boots

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 18:04:48 -0600 you wrote:

>   Merrell gets a hardy endorsement from this feller -- who, BTW, has
>had a pair very problematic feet in the past. (No, I didn't get new
>feet, just new Merrells!)

I'll second that devotion!!  I started in Fabianos (several pairs), I
tore through the Vasque (one pair that lasted LESS than a year), and I
found foot heaven in my Merrells!!!  Wore Leather LIghts for almost
six years and retired them in Nov, 95 for a pair of Ultimates that
I've been loosening up for the last 4 months and just waiting for a
chance to get out and have a go with them.  I also have a pair of
their light hiking boots for day-hikes.

I think it's simply a matter of what fits your foot.  All of the
European boots were just too narrow for me.  The first time I put a
pair of Merrells on was the first time that my feet felt at home in a
boot.

. . . and I can't imagine going any other way now!

			Keith

**
**  Keith E. Patterson
**  Roanoke, VA  USA