Gore-tex boots

I would like to support what Jim and Jeff have said about Gore-tex boots. For
350 miles, I shared a tent with a guy on the PCT who used Gore-tex boots, while
mine were all leather. Our routine evolved so that I was the last one in the
tent each night, and I did the banging of boots together for both of us, to
minimize the dirt brought into the tent within the vibram sole tread. There was
no rain during that stretch, so I was startled to find, night after night, that
his boots were *very* wet inside, compared to my all-leather ones. FWIW...

Bob