Re: thorlo socks

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, SHARON SHARPE wrote:
> I've been using thorlo socks as well as wool blend with polypro liner.
> I always get confused when looking at the thorlos..... do I want
> "hiking" socks or "trekking" socks???  Of course I don't remember which
> I bought before, although they seem to work well (I get blisters no matter
> which I use -- strategically placed moleskin applied in advance works best
> for me!!).  Can anybody help me out?? Which thorlo to buy?  Also, as a woman

Sharon,
	I recently bought a pair of the trekkers & really like them ..
very comfy. I think they're heavier padded than the hikers. The only
downside is that my new pup prefers Thorlos over my cheap socks & I now
have an air-conditioned one. For you blister prone feet, try this:
instead of inner socks (always rode up on me & gave me blisters ), just
vaseline your feet & in between your toes.A thin layer is fine but add
extra to the spots where you're prone to blister. This reduces friction,
keeps your feets fairly dry (& warm). I usually reapply whenever I have a
rest break or just before a wet wading. I rarely get blisters, and
usually only if I forget to apply the vaseline. Pat