Whites Weather

AT2000 wrote:
>   In July in NH the worst you could get is rain. As long as your prepared
>for it, no real cold weather gear is neccessary.

Now I'm really confused!  Poohbear and AT2000, what's it gonna be? :-)
Along with the shorts and t-shirts, I was thinking of taking med-wt.
polypro undies and raingear.  Would this be enough to keep me warm?  Or
should I take polartec (200?) pants and pullover?  How about a hat and
gloves at least?

>I was just hiking in southern Virginia and saw a Strider in the register at
>Wilson Creek Shelter, you maybe?

Not I... I adopted "Strider" after last summers hike in Pensy-prior to that
"Hay Seed" was my trail name.  Haven't heard of any other Strider's before.
I took the name from Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings."  One of the main
characters, Aragorn, has a trail name too- Strider.  :-)

Matt  Holmes                       "A penny will hide the biggest star in
the sky
'Strider'                                    if you hold it close enough to
your eye."
holmess@ufrsd.k12.nj.us                           --Samuel Grafton