Re: Drying Foods

>I have a dehydrator too, but other than making jerky and drying fruit, I

We have a dehydrator and make leathers from spagetti sauce as well.  Tear
it up and add it to the water you are boiling the pasta in.  We have
also made a burrito mix that is a real hit.

Cooked black (probably other colors would work too) beans dry and
rehydrate well.  Add some minute rice and tomato suace or a gravy.

Puree fruit in a blender and make a leather (fruit roll-up).
Bannanas work well.  Applesauce (simmer to melt in come "redhots") is
great too.

We've also dried cooked ground beef and tuna.
--
Leo Paveglio

lpavegli@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu