iodine tablets

>  And does anyone else wonder why
>they come in a glass bottle?  I've never dropped them, but is there
>some reason they can't be stored/carried in plastic??

I would venture to guess that the tablets would oxidize in a plastic bottle,
because air can pass through the plastic. You will find that  many types of
medicine, and the better vitimans come in glass, which will keep most of the
air out. That doesn't mean you have to carry the glass with you when you hike,
Brick Robbins                  "go fast enough to get there,
San Diego, CA                   but slow enough to see"
brick@ix.netcom.com             ---Jimmy Buffett

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brick_robbins