Re: Springer

> what does the Springer Mtn. terminus look like?  The limited pictures
> I've seen make it appear pretty wooded.  Is there a view?

Yep there's a realy nice view.  And it's a "natural" one too!! No cities to
look at, just wide open mpountains for quite a way.  I've got this habit that
when I get to a nice view now, I take my 35 mm point and shoot and take
however many frames I can panning from one side to the other.  When the pictures
get back, I tape them together so I get the "original" view.  It gives me a
bigger picture than those panoramic camera/film/adapters do.  Anyway, I've got
a nice 4 frame shot of the view of mountains and valleys from Springer on my
fridge (Along with 2 others, Overlooking Pearisbug from Angels' Rest and
looking over Peterstown, WV from Rice fields on Peter's Mountain) and
everyone asks where they are.  Anyway, that's a long winded, "Yes, there's
a pretty decent view from Springer."  :-)

--
S. Schuyler Stultz              Recognition Research Inc.
                                1872 Pratt Drive Suite 1200