Re: Introduction

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996 ILFltlndr@aol.com wrote:

> When we got on the trail last year, Warren Doyle was on the AT just ahead of
> us, but we never came anywhere near catching up with him. He had a van
> waiting for them at different road crossings we were told, waiting to take
> them to a motel, or with food etc.  Doyle carried only water & snacks is what
> I was told by hikers coming the other direction.

While I was rereading my 81 At journal recently, I came across this:
	"Good register here with numberous comments - complaints. One
guy, Warren Doyle, carries a stamper in his pack & stamps each register
with this:
	'I go forth to make new demands on life. I pray that the life of
this spring and summer may ever lie fair in my memory. May I dare as I
have never done! May I perservere as I have never done! A person should
be worthier at the end of the journey than at the beginning. " - Thoreau
	Well, after seeing that about 3-4 x's I finally copied it - I
guess it's Warren's AT trademark."

	From what I understand, he has made numerous thru-hikes on the
trail. Sounds like a good way to spend a summer! (I've occasionally done
some "slackpacking" [low wt, high miles, sometimes low wt, low
miles] myself & enjoyed it thoroughly!)
	Pat