Backup Boots!

     Just got my $30 Vasque Alpha's in the mail and walked home from work to
start breaking them in.  Forgive the shameless endorsement, but when you
consider the repair cost and/or shipping/inconvenience of replacements, this
might not be a bad idea to consider for something to leave with your anchor
to drop in a maildrop.  Even if you exhausted 5 pair it would still be
cheaper than one pair of Sundowners!  BTW, I am starting with Merrell
Wilderness.  Any comments on the boot strength vs. boot weight debate?  As
always, I am particularly interested in the remarks of past THRU-HIKERS since
they are they only people I've ever met who have worn the same pair of shoes
every day for 6 straight months.