Re: my trip

On Wed, 13 Mar 1996, Christina S. Young wrote:
> when i leave for the trail in mid-april, i expect some things from the trail and
> my trip. i want to take a nice, long walk in the woods. see beautiful wild-
> flowers, birds, porcupines, maybe a nice bear. get wet with rain. climb
> mountains. find a waterfall. meet nice people. be myself while i am wandering
> in the woods. get lost. eat wild blackberries. laugh. have adventures. have good
> memories of my trip. is that a lot to expect?

 EMPRESS,
	Expect that ( you won't be disappointed!) and so much more!
You'll probably find times that the trail is like a big boulevard with
numerous hikers, long-term & day types, esp. on weekends but I've found
that the numbers decrease significantly during the week, esp. on some of
the less urbanized areas. You'll have many times of solitude and many
times of semi-crowds but I learned to enjoy both. (Ok, there was one boy
scout troop that was a nuisance at a Smokey's shelter, but there were
also 5 other boy scout troops/ royal ambassador troops that shared their
dreams and food with us & I look back on that time & my journal confirms
really pleasant encounters -- )
	Have a great trip this year -- I am so envious!
	Pat