Babies on the trail

Ok, I have an thought to pose to all on this list.....
My husband and I are planning to thru-hike in 1998. He has already
thru-hiked once before and I have sectioned  bits and pieces. I have also
done some hiking in Australia.
We were wondering about the possibility of hiking with a small baby....
Has anyone here ever attempted that before? What would be some
anticipated concerns, joys, problems....We've been talking about this for
a little while, and have disscussed all kinds of senarios. If anyone has
any ideas or feedback or first hand knowlege, please post! = )
anna
Walkabout.

ps we realise that it may not end up being a thru-hike if we did have a
baby with us.....