Re: Reality? Attitudes et al.

Jim,
	After reading your wonderful writings these past couple of weeks,
I found myself nodding freq., "yes, Hmm, yes, sure, uh-huh" but I also
thought, hmm, I remeber loving every day of the trail, maybe I'll write a
note about a separate reality...However, this past weekend, in between
studying for Calc & C++ exams, I decided to read my journal to see if
perhaps the azaleas smelled sweeter & the 6ft high stinging nettles
weren't so bad in my memory than in reality...And there it was, in
between the numerous lines of sunsets and misty balsam fir aromas, and
bears and centipedes, mountain vistas, and rolling hills, shared Jack
Daniels and ice cream were numerous references to "bitchy
today", "grumpy", in pain, blisters, grouchy, depleted, etc. It's been
years since I read the journal & this Sat. I rehiked in my memories ---
Thanks for the catlyst...and thanks for your on-target observations...
	Pat