introduction

Hello list

My name is Steven.  I have been lurking at the fringe of this list
reading the valuable information and now I wish to dive in.  I have a job
where I sit in a rooom
editing video.  This room has no windows and it's winter.  My pleasure
level is very low.  I need to get out of my box in Boston travel south
and hike up something large and open. The hiking I have done so far in my
young life has
been mainly in the white mountains of N.H.  I've also dabbled in maine and
Colorado.  I'm hoping the good people who share in this list
might have advice about what parts of the AT are great points to start at
for a 4-6 day excursion.
People on the list seem to enjoy leaving quotes so here's one of my
favorites.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger