Re: pack choice

I figured I'd throw my 2 cents in about packs. I use a Kelty Super Tioga
that I really like. It fits pretty good, it's external (it's HOT in
Florida), it has lots of pockets and a handy water bottle pocket, and I
like it. I'm also a bigger woman, and the pack fits very well for
me (5'9", 2xx lbs.) Strangely enough, my husband also has a Kelty Super
Tioga pack, as well. Our decision was based on fit, durability, size, and
style. We definitely wanted externals, for now, because most of our
trips are in Florida and the breathability is important. Also, since we
don't have to scramble over lots of rocks and mountains and stuff, the
external doesn't pose a balance problem.

The big question really, is what is right for you? I agree with the
person(s) who said to try on every pack you can find filled upo with your
own gear. That's the test. And, yes, it will feel quite different with 50
pounds in it for a few days.