Re: introduction

At 03:43 PM 3/3/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hikester:
>
>The bears must love you!  I have walked 500+ miles of the AT including in the
>Smokies and have yet to see a bear!  Wish I could!  What's your secret?
>
>IL Fltlndr
>
>I wish I knew!  I've been told to change my trail name to Bear Bait.  I've
seen bears (two different ones) at Mt. LeConte in 1989, a major bear on the
Boulevard ('92) --he had an ear tag to indicate" problem" bear-- my
soon-to-be-husband and I had to sit in a tree while he lumbered past, and
then fall '95 bear cubs were falling out of the trees near Shuckstack
Firetower.   My brother hasn't seen any bears either, but evidently I have
the charm.

Hikester