A "burning" question...

   Please pardon the subject line pun, but since I'm delaying my thru-
hike, I've decided to take my time in purchasing a new stove. (I was
going to take a borrowed Peak 1 on the AT this year if I
didn't/couldn't find time to buying a new one.) I know stoves are a
hot topic (oops, another one) with some people, and I certainly don't
want to start a flame war (lookout, they're still comin'!) or get
burned (stop me before I pun again!) by a slick salesperson...
   OK, OK. In all seriousness, I think I have my choice narrowed down
to three stoves: the MSR Whisperlight Internationale, the Coleman
Feather 442 (dual fuel model) and the Coleman Peak 1 Apex II. The
Feather 442 has the lead right now by virtue of its ease of operation,
 price and simplicity (When I want to cook, I want to cook, not
connect hoses to bottles and stove, prime, hide behind a boulder,
light with a long stick...). My one concern with the Feather 442 is
stability. Is this a big problem with this stove? I'll be cooking for
one or two people most of the time, so I don't think it will be too
much trouble since I won't be using huge pots and pans.
   Is buying anything less than an Apex or Whisperlight insane? I
have no doubt I could operate the MSR and Apex stoves safely, but I
just don't know that I'll ever need the ability to burn dry cleaning
solution or field strip my stove in Outer Mongolia. I know I could
run into trouble on the AT next year, but I figure I'll never be too
far from a town where I can either get it fixed or get a replacement -
- a few meals of crunchy noodles and "cold" chocolate won't kill me.
   Any suggestions? For informational purposes, most of my
backpacking consists of short weekend trips, with an infrequent multi-
day/week-long trip thrown in for good measure.

Thank you in advance, and a thousand apologies for those puns,
(they hurt me almost as much as they hurt you!)
Joe