Beyond KATAHDIN

Howdy folks,

This is Troubadour. I thru hiked the AT in '94. Since returning from the
trail I have been publishing a newsletter for the '94 class of AT thru hikers
called Beyond Katahdin. I believe several of the folks on this list get it.

The purpose and mission of the newsletter is to maintain a sense of the trail
spirit, community and connection to the experiences of thru hiking long after
the hike has ended. It is essentially a continuous shelter log that arrives
at your doorstep. It is published 6 times a year and contains Thru hiker
stories, news updates, a shelter log section for hikers to leave messages to
other hikers, a Parting Shot Photo which challenges your memory of the trail
and much more.

It has been very successful and I have gotten a lot of support from my class.
I have decided to see if there is an interest in the newsletter from other
thru hiker classes as well. So, if you are interested in a sample copy,
please e-mail me (save some bandwidth, don't reply to the list) with your
address, the year you thru hiked, with start and finish dates, and I'll drop
a copy in the mail to you. My address is:

Troubadoor@aol.com

Good luck to all you 96ers! I'm pulling for you.

Stephen
aka Troubadour
GA->ME
'94
People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I think that
what we're really seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life
experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within our
innermost being and reality, so that we can acutally feel the rapture of
being alive. --Jospeh Campbell