Re: Intro and a few questions

I did 30 days on the PCT with my ex-paramour and I carried more weight
(210 lbs vs.  135) proportionally.  I found I'm a morning person and liked
an early start, while she kicked into gear after lunch and wanted to hike
fast then, when I was experiencing post-prandial depression for a couple
hours.  Emotional state more than anything else determined speed after a
while.  She was faster on climbs and I faster on downhills and flats.  We
became aware of each other's rhythms and didn't feel it necessary to hike
together all the time.  I liked being there to help choose a campspot.
She didn't care where we ate lunch.  I cooked breakfast, broke camp, and
packed the packs while she drank coffee and stared into the forest.  She
cooked dinner, cleaned up, drew water in the evening when I lay around
reading.  It works out if you're sensitive to each others needs...

Jeffrey Olson
Seattle, WA, where the rain dampens the streets but not the spirit.