dehydrating food

Here is my first attempt at making jerky and I thought it came out rather
nicely.  I hope y'all enjoy it.

2 lbs. flank steak or other low fat meat
10 fl. ozs. soy sauce
4 tbs. Worchestershire sauce
2 tbs. lemon juice
2 tbs. wine vinegar
1 tbs. ground ginger
1 tbs. cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic (minced)

Have your butcher slice the mest for you into 1/8 in. slices, taking care to
slice against the grain.
Put all marinade ingredients together in a mixing bowl and add sliced meat.
Marinade for 24-48 hours.  Place on dehydrator racks.  Add ground
peppercorns to taste.
Set dehydrator at the highest setting.
Remove when dry.  It will be fairly quick if the slices are thin.  Thicker
slices take longer.

BTW: would someone sent me the address of the outdor-l mail list?

Have fun on the trail.  I might meet you in Springer on 4/27  If I can get
together with Priyo.  I live in New Orleans too.  See Ya'
Mike
mikeroby@ix.netcom.com