Re: pack size?

 George asked:

> So how big of a pack do most people carry?

I've been using a CampTrails McKinley that is supposed to be 3880 cubic
inches with the top bar extended up.  And I managed to get 55 lbs of gear
into it when I started my 8 day section-hike last fall.  I also am careful
about weight, and this would be the maximum I would carry.  So I see no
reason for a larger pack unless you have a lot of gear that is not very
dense.  I'm sure a lot of my weight was food that was pretty dense.

Bob Shroy