Re: Pack weight

-- [ From: Joe O'Neill * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> >                                     food dye (for testing the water
> > filter)
>
> I've never heard of this.  I guess you just put some food coloring in
the
> intake source (cup, bag, whatever) and if the dye was present in the
> output, you could assume the filter wasn't working properly?

The First Need: CANISTER INTEGRITY TEST PROCEDURE

A simple test to assure that the canister has not been damaged
internally, either during use, transport, or backwash is to:
1. Add a couple of drops (no more) of ordinary red, green or blue food
coloring to a glass of water.
2. Pump this solution through the canister.
3. The filtered water should be colorless.

If the filtered water is still colored, even faintly, the internal
canister matrix has most likely been damaged and the MICROFILTER SHOULD
NOT BE RELIED UPON UNDER THIS CONDITION AND MUST BE REPLACED.

P.S. - It really does work!

Joe O'Neill
Shamrock
GA=>VA '96