Question: Hiking Groups

HyperNews notification.  Respond via:
  http://union.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HyperNews/get/Free/10/29.html

Does anyone know of any groups that hike small portions of the trail? I
would love to take a few weeks and hike as much as possible, but I don't
really have any friends who are interested in going with me. I have
never done anything like this before, but it has been a dream of mine
for a long time. I know these people may be at a different level, but
being female, I don't want to go by myself. Also, there were some
friends of the family who had a bad experience on the trail. I would
love to find a small group who can share experiences and help. Can
anyone help me?