Re: purifying water

Cap:

I have always felt real safe taking water from the end of the pipe of a
"piped" spring.  That is usually the best source.  Even then I filter it.  I
have know people who have gotten sick on the trail, and most likely it was
the water.  Why take the chance of all the discomfort and lost miles. I often
pass questionable water up for a piped spring farther ahead.  Of course often
times you might find yourself getting water from a *real* questionable source
during a dry stretch.

IL Fltlndr@aol.com