Re: AT Water

>Another question occured to me last night - water storage?
>I was originally planning on taking a small side-of-pack-attached water
>bottle and holder, a 32oz water bottle, and a MSR Water Bag...Do any of
>you past thru/section/long distance hikers think this is adequate?
>Should I take *two* 32oz water bottles?  Any other suggestions/advice?
>And one more question...how much water do thru hikers find themselves
>carrying at one time?  I know it varies from hiker to hiker, but I am
>just looking for some kind of average as I have no idea what to expect?
>One By Land
FWIW
  At Wesser in 94 I sent home one (of my two) Nalgene 32 oz bottles.  I
replaced it with a "Big Slam" Pepsi bottle... Saved a little weight, fit my
bottle "holster" better, stood up well to a lot of abuse, expendable, easily
replaced (twice)... I still use them; hiking, driving, skiing, etc...

Dick Wix
  aka
   "WIXeR"   AT-94  GA>ME

" I'll get there,,,, when I get there.!!"       obscure