Re: Re: AT Water

Re: SW Virginia water.

Does the nice spring just South from the Mt. Rogers shelter run dry in
times of low rainfall?  That is usually a gd. water source except when
people wash their dishes right at the head, thus contaminating it
downstream.  I was so angry....

Seemed like a nice flow rate...but I'm sure it could dry up.
Don't know about the rest of the SW area.  Only day hiked there.

Jerry Curry                              17047 Martel Rd.
Research Associate                       Lenoir City, TN
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN                37772
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
                                         (423)988-8677
jwcurry@utkux.utk.edu

Absurd Politician of the Moment:

 In an October interview with the Raleigh (N.C.) News and Observer,
 U.S. Rep. Frederick K. Heineman said his combined congressional
 salary and pension income of $183,000 a year makes him merely
 "lower-middle class."  Said Heineman, "When I see someone
 who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000 a year,
 that's middle class."