Thru-Hike Preparation Question

Just a few last minute questions for ya all before I leave in 14 days :)

This concerns food.  Do most thru hikers use butter in their cooking and
such?  If so, what kind of butter is best and how long does it last
unrefridgerated?  What is the best storage of it?  It might me a stupid
question but it would be stupider not to know and not ask...

Thanks everyone for the quick and helpful responses on my previous
questions - you have all provided a lot of excellent and timely info in
my preparation for my 96 thru hike...

Countdown : 14 Days !!!!!AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

One By Land