Re: trail names

> Someone recently posted an inquiry about trail names.  (Actually, the
> inquiry may have been sent just to my address--if so, sorry about taking up
> everyone's cyber-time and space, but I bet the subject is of interest to
> lots of folks.)

Although I haven't done a thru hike, I've section hiked a LOT around where
I live in SW Virginia and remember 2 hikers' trail names that stick with me.

One was Cheeseasaurus.  She drew little dinosaurs in the shelter log I saw.
And another was a guy whose "real" job was asbestos removal.  So everyone
was just calling him Asbestos.  Seems kind of odd to be called a carcinogen. ;-)

--
S. Schuyler Stultz              Recognition Research Inc.
                                1872 Pratt Drive Suite 1200