Trail Conditions

I need a little weather/trail conditions report.  I am out on the west
coast and don't watch TV...the only weather I get is www.usatoday.com.
and they are not too trail specific.  As most of you know, I am leaving
for my thru hike in 18 days - I will be on Springer in about 24...
What are the trail conditions out there on the Springer Mountain to
Fontana Dam section?  Is there any (or lots) of snow on the trail - enough to
require snowshoes?  What are the daytime/nightime temps on that portion of
the AT and are they expected to get better or worse in a month?  If only the
usatoday weather page had an Appalachian Trail Weather link :)  Thanks...

Andy
One By Land
GA->ME 96'