RE: boots for thru-hikes

  hello to everyone hear!!!

   I met two people now who used EMS Traverse boots on the trail and they
just replaced the soles in Vermont and that was it.  They told me that
these are the only boots which last the entire trip.  I hiked 1010 miles
last summer of the AT and I used Armond boots and the leather inside the
boots wore out and created holes in the heels because of my boots always
remianing wet.  EMS Traverse boots have a material inside that does not
wear out even when wet.  So I was told.  I saw their boots in Vermont and
the outside of them looked good.  Does anyone else have the same
experience with these boots?