hello

I'm new to this list and would like to introduce myself.  I'm a section
hiker, with just the stretch from Damascus to Waynesboro, VA, left (except
for the part around McAfee Knob and Tinker Cliffs).  Trail name:  Evergreen.
Any of the folks whom I've met on the Trail the last few years on this list?
I'd love to hear from you.  Off Trail I'm an associate professor of English
at Penn State, working on a book about literary works set along the
AT--which allows me to go hiking every summer in the name of research.
(Commercial message--it should be out in 1997 from the University Press of
Virginia, after I finish writing it this year).  This summer I'll be
re-doing stretches in Vermont and New Hampshire in June, then the Hundred
Mile Wilderness and Katahdin in July.  Till then--see you on the Cyber-Trail.

Evergreen