checking in

Hi all,
   I've been hanging out, reading the stuff that has been coming
through here for a few weeks and realised that I haven't made MY
introduction.  I'm a senior at Skidmore College in upstate New York
and I can't wait to get outa here!!!  I'm not sure when the AT is
going to fit into my life but i'm learning as much about it as
possible now for later!  I've done a bunch of hiking on the trail in
the Shanandoah's but that's about it so I''m excited to hike more of
it once i get out of school!  Can you tell that I'm excited?  well, i
don't have too many questions for now,l just thought I'd say hi and
thanks for all the incredible insights!
thanks
laura woodcock

	     "They were nothing more than people, by themselves.
			Even paired, any pairing,
	they would have been nothing more than people by themselves.
 			   But ALL TOGETHER,
		 	 they have become the
		       HEART and MUSCLE and MIND
		   of something challenging and new,
 		something strange and growing and great.

				Together,
 			      ALL TOGETHER,
		   they are the instruments of change."

     			GO SKIDMORE AND NISKY CREWS!