AT Just North of Smoky Mountain Park in N.C.?

  Hello, John here presently living in the Chicago suburbs.  A couple
friends and I have planed to spend a few days on the AT (about 60 mi
section) just north of the Smoky Mountain Park in N.C. in April. We don't
know anything about it.  If any one could post info on this section
such as camp sights, water, terrain, condition of the trail, reasonable
shuttle services to and from the trail and general stuff like that, it would
be greatly appreciated.

            Thanks

            John