Greetings, List.

Hello AT List,

My name is Chuck Kichline, and I live in Austin, Texas.  I've been lurking
for a couple of weeks, and would like to thank everybody for what they
have shared.
I'm considering hiking the trail in '97 - but might even have the
opportunity to try a north-south hike later this year instead.

I learned a lot from the pack weight suggestions.  Since I feel like
replacing my ~1970 yellow nylon frame pack with something a little more
up to date, I was wondering on pack SIZE.  I've seen everything from 3000 to
6000+ cu in.  Any wisdom on what might be too small to be practical for a
thru hike?

Thanks!
kichline@isd.tandem.com