Stamps for Trails!

Howdy Hikers, Don't know if you saw my msg last wk, saying just signed up for
this list. Hiked the AT in 87-88, all those problems and stories bring back
lots o' memories! Anyway, for about a year, I've had a campaign going with
the US Postal Service. I'm trying to get them to issue a set of stamps. The
stamp set would honor and depict all ninteen of our National Scenic and
Historic Trails. I've had some sucess, hikers others and some trail orgs have
written to the PO to urge them on. Had idea published in Trail Tracks, the
newsltr of American Trails, and the American Hiking Society did same in their
ADT newsltr. Backpacker mag is supposed to, unde signposts, in the April 96
issue. It takes the PO about 3 yrs to approve,design, produce and issuse any
stamp. I also requested if the set is approved, have the first day issue on a
National Trails Day. Hey, they issue stamps depicting everything else! If you
think its a good idea, write to the PO and tell them. Even a postcard. Trail
clubs ought to send petitions! The address to send to:
                             Citizens Stamp Advisory Committee
                                  US Postal Service

       Washington DC 20260-6753
       Would like your feedback on this stamp idea via this con or my email
add: chet.fromm%3618-12@satlink.oau.org. Thanks!

... And now, some words of wisdom:
We interrupt this quote for an important bulletin...