dog $$$

Linda wrote:
 >i'm hoping to find someone who took their dog and had to do the kenneling
and transport of their dog. i don't know how much $ it's going to take and
what other hassles to consider.  any info along these lines would be greatly
appreciated.
linda "o myrtle" wacker<

The last estimate for transportation I read was ~$200.  I found the
information in
Dan "wingfoot" Bruce's Thru-hikers Guide (1994).  I ordered this year's
version
and will let you know.  I highly recommend the book, I'd give you the 2 #'s
he had
listed in the book for those providing this service, but I gave it away to 2
hikers on
the trail during a practice hike!

Hey - can anyone out there supply her with these name and phone #s?

Good Luck!
L'il Engine
GA -> ME '96
************
 Therese Pederson   tpederso@ist.ucf.edu
 Institute for Sim & Tng.;          3280 Progress Dr.;           Orlando FL
32826
************ "Therefore am I still        A lover of the meadows;   and of
all that we behold
>From this green earth;          of all the mighty world
Of eye, and ear, - both what they half create,
And what perceive; well pleased to recognize
In nature and the language of the sense,
The anchor of my purest thoughts, the nurse,
The guide, the guardian of my heart, and so
Of all my moral being."                    William Wordsworth