Re: 96 thruhikers

Jim-

Haven't been on the Net in 4 months and am finally reading 800, yes 800,
pieces of mail (since 10/7).

I have read many of you entries since this one (see below) and have many
questions. I am planning a hike to begin in 6 weeks. My two main questions
are:
  1) how did you hike change you emotionally/mentally? what have others said?
     (read in one of your entries that you have spoken w/ MANY thru-hikers)
  2) did you hike while married and if so, how did it affect your marriage?
     again - what have other hikers said?
My wife and I have a strong relationship and she is supportive, but I know
I will worry about her (back home) a lot. I'm concerned that this will adversely
affect my hike. Any thoughts?

Wayne