Re: So you think you want to thru-hike- part 3

I'd just add to Dennis's comment that you can always "mail up" to
yourself the stuff you don't need at a particular mail drop, in case
you might want it later.  When I hiked in '94, I generally went about
5-7 days between drops.  Around Fontana, I began to mail up to my next
drop supplies that I thought I'd need there (Tylenol, film, clothing
that I had been carrying, etc).  Worked real good--I was still wearing
a fleece top when I went over the Priest/Three Ridges around the week
of Memorial Day.  Also, until you get to Virginia, there are few close
by stores to do resupply easily;  I felt that having mail drops was
good practice in the early days.
                     Marshall
                     "Tarkus"