Re: Wet weather on The Trail

Just spent several wet days on The Trail this past week. Went in at Stecoah
Gap heading north to Fontana Damn.  Rained both nights but the trail took it
well. Several blow downs along this section. Some new and some old. Some are
large and some are small. Of course when we came off at Fontana the sun came
out and it was really nice weather.  The Cable Gap Shelter was in real good
shape and was real clean. A few day hikers were out but not many people using
the trail that weekend.  Did alot of sliding on the large acorns all over the
trail and that made life very interesting.  Turtles were abundant but no
bears.  That ends my trip and trail report..   J.R.